news

All four suspected coronavirus cases tested negative: MoH

KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 24): All four suspected coronavirus cases in the country have tested negative, according to the Health Ministry.

The ministry confirmed that tests conducted on a suspected coronavirus (2019-nCoV) patient who is being treated at an isolation ward in a hospital in Sabah found the person to be negative for the virus.

Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the patient had symptoms of Influenza A and is recovering and in stable condition.

“This is to inform that the results of the detection and validation for 2019-nCoV virus on the patient by the Institute of Medical Reserach (IMR) confirmed that the patient is negative for Novel Coronavirus infection,” he said in a statement Thursday.

As such, he said, all four suspected 2019-nCoV cases reported so far, comprising two cases in Sabah and two cases in Selangor, were all negative for the virus.

In a statement issued earlier, Noor Hisham had said the Health Ministry, through the National Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC), had received four suspected cases of the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), namely two cases each in Selangor and Sabah.

SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Logging concessions: Musa Aman applies to strike out 46 corruption, money laundering charges
  2. Castanea semidees at Setia Alam 65% taken up over weekend launch
  3. RM260m for repair of 67 dilapidated schools in Sabah this year