news

Four-year-old boy dies after choking on ‘jelly’ candy in Labuan

LABUAN (May 22): A four-year-old boy died after choking on a piece of ‘jelly’ candy in his house in Kg Batu Manikar Wednesday night (May 20).

Labuan police chief Supt. Muhamad Farid Ahmad said the boy was found unconscious and unresponsive when he was brought to the Labuan Hospital emergency unit around 10pm.

According to the mother, the boy was asking for the candy and he immediately put it into his mouth before she realised he started struggling for air and began to suffocate.

The toddler was taken to the Labuan Hospital where he was pronounced dead by a doctor.

Police said the medical examiner was looking into the cause of death and the case was ongoing.

The boy’s name and information have not yet been released and the case is classified as sudden death.

Stay safe. Keep updated on the latest news at www.EdgeProp.my 

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Aussie cops follow large order of fried chicken to catch birthday party during lockdown
  2. Six suspects in Datuk Seri's kidnap-murder to be charged today
  3. Labuan: 28.9% drop in crime index