news

Nine premises advised to comply with RMCO SOPs, says Ismail Sabri

KUALA LUMPUR (June 28): Nine business premises were advised to comply with the recovery movement control order (RMCO) standard operating procedures (SOPs) yesterday, Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob (pictured) said.

He said another 1,359 were found to be obeying the set SOPs during inspections carried out by Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP) enforcement teams.

“The government is urging business operators and the general public to always practise social distancing and observe personal hygiene during the RMCO [period], especially during sales and purchase activities,” he said in a statement today.

He said KPDNHEP enforcement teams had also monitored 25 items at 845 business premises, including retailers (639 premises), wholesalers (175) and producers (31) yesterday.

From these checks, the teams found that there was enough supply of essential items to meet the nation’s consumer needs.

Ismail Sabri said the Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-based Industry (MOA) was also doing its own checks and had so far given an assurance there was sufficient supply of essential items.

“As such, the public should not worry because there is sufficient supply of these items,” he said.

He also said that the police detained four individuals yesterday for non-compliance with the RMCO and all of them were slapped with compound notices.

“Among the violations were for indulging in karaoke or family entertainment centre activities (one case), activities involving a large crowd that hampered social distancing (one case) and two more cases of not adhering to the SOPs," he said.

On border security, Ismail Sabri, who is also the defence minister, said three foreigners were nabbed at Op Benteng roadblocks for immigration offences.

Ismail Sabri said the government will act sternly against those trying to enter the country illegally, adding that enforcement agencies will continue to tighten security, especially along rat trails.

Meanwhile, he said 22 public area sanitisation operations covering 18 zones in six states, among them Sabah, Melaka and Terengganu, were carried out yesterday.

Also, he said 454 Malaysians returned from abroad yesterday, and from those 452 were made to undergo home quarantine, while the other two were sent to the hospital.

“Another 148 individuals crossed the border via Johor and all of them have been made to undergo home quarantine,” he said, adding that the police had also made 427 checks on those under home quarantine and found them to be complying with the set SOPs.

Stay safe. Keep updated on the latest news at www.EdgeProp.my 

Click here for more property stories.

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Ismail Sabri: Foreigners to pay mandatory quarantine charges in full
  2. Sports-related businesses can now operate until 2am, says Ismail Sabri
  3. Ismail Sabri: 93 detained for flouting RMCO