news

Medan 88 EMCO: Three more residents surrender today

SEPANG (Nov 21): Three more residents of Medan 88, Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi, here, who did not return home after learning that the area would be under the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO), surrendered today, bringing the total number who returned to 43.

Sepang district police chief ACP Wan Kamarul Azran Wan Yusof said in a statement that out of the 32 men and 11 women who surrendered, 14 were locals, 19 Indonesians, seven Thais, and one Myanmar, Indian and Nepalese each. 

"Till now, the current number of residents of Medan 88 stands at 387 individuals, while 142 workers who work in Medan 88 are under quarantine outside the area,” he said.

Meanwhile, Wan Kamarul Azran said, since the EMCO was enforced in the area, 448 Medan 88 residents had undergone swab tests and nine were tested positive for COVID-19.    

The media had previously reported that around 400 Medan 88 residents did not return home after learning that the area was surrounded by barbed wires ahead of the enforcement of the EMCO from Nov 12 to Nov 25.

Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my

Click here for more property stories.

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Four new Covid-19 clusters detected, including one in Petaling Jaya
  2. Covid-19: Malaysia sees 1,075 new cases, almost half in Klang Valley, 11 more deaths
  3. Several MBSP departments closed for sanitisation after detection of Covid-19 case