PUTRAJAYA (March 8): The appointments of those who are not listed under the first phase as Covid-19 vaccine recipients have been cancelled following complaints by whistle-blowers on queue cutting, said Coordinating Minister for the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme Khairy Jamaluddin.
According to him, there were about 200 complaints received over the issue so far and in one complaint dated March 4, it was found some names in the list were not categorised under the first phase.
“When I checked all the replies provided, some centres had already completed vaccinating frontliners, so they added individuals from other agencies not listed under phase one.
“Based on the complaints, we have cancelled all appointments of those who are not listed under the first phase,” he said in a joint media conference with Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba on the development of the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme here today.
Khairy said a briefing would be held for all Members of Parliament (MPs) on the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme.
"I will coordinate with them on the date and place, so that all backbenchers would be briefed. It may be divided into an opposition backbencher session followed by a government backbencher session on the same day, he said.
Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates
TOP PICKS BY EDGEPROP
Taman Tasik Semenyih (Lake Residence)
Puteri Palma Condominium @ IOI Resort City