JOHOR BAHRU (July 23): Iskandar Malaysia has managed to secure RM10.67 billion in new committed investments during the first six month of this year.
Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) chief executive officer Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said since its inception in 2006 and until June-end this year, the total cumulative committed investments reached RM95.45 billion in various sectors.
"[About] 43% of the committed investments are already realised. Domestic investments constitute 62% (RM58.95 billion) of the total investments of RM95.45 billion, while the remaining 38% (RM36.50 billion) is from overseas.
"Key investments to date are represented by Asia (42%), Europe (40%) and the Middle East (14%)," he said in a statement here on Monday.
IRDA according to him, is very encouraged by the continued support from local and foreign investors, who have contributed to its growth momentum.
Ismail said, since 2006, the manufacturing sector in Iskandar Malaysia has recorded cumulative committed investments of RM32.71 billion, while the property sector strongly recorded RM29.80 billion.
Investments in other sectors were utilities (RM9.52 billion),government (RM7.31 billion), petrochemicals (RM5.10 billion), ports and logistics (RM3.74 billion), tourism (RM2.03 billion), education (RM1.55 billion) and healthcare (RM1.60 billion).
He said, IRDA is emphasising six service sectors, namely, financial, logistics, healthcare, education, tourism and creative content, due to its high economic multiplier effect.
"We are also exploring Green Technologies, Green Economy and Low Carbon Society (LCS) which are the future trends. IRDA is soon to launch its LCS Blueprint which is expected to be the trendsetter among Asean countries," he added.
Iskandar Malaysia, he said, must attract a steady flow of domestic and foreign investments despite the prevailing global economic environment.
Currently he said, Iskandar Malaysia is in the final preparations for the opening of Marlborough College Malaysia and the University of Southampton Malaysia campus in August and October this year respectively.
Meanwhile, Asia's first Legoland theme park in Iskandar Malaysia, is due to open this September. — Bernama
TOP PICKS BY EDGEPROP
Ready Tenant, Confirm Rental Get Up To Rm3000
BUNGALOW 3 PINTU, KG. SUNGAI BUAH DALAM, DENGKIL,
The Best Superlink Property In Seremban
Seremban, Negeri Sembilan
NEW 1 Sty SEMI D Seksyen U14 Booking RM500 Only
Shah Alam, Selangor
Beautiful Tropical Bungalow, Tanarimba, Janda Baik
Suria Residence Breezy Modern Condo facing Pool
Bukit Jelutong, Selangor
DOUBLE STOREY HOUSE FOR SALE AT BUKIT RAJA, KLANG
Semi D Duta Suria Residency Ampang 3.5 Storey Corn
Welcome Investor, Confirm Rental Beside Famous Uni
Ukay perdana sierra hijauan ampang semi d
Single Storey 20x60 Renovated, Jalan Dato Dagang
Shah Alam, Selangor