Sold for: RM1.553 million (around RM597 psf)
Concluded by: Low Yean Ching (REN 14267, 012-280 0060) of Maxland Real Estate Agency
When: June 2019
● 2,599 sq ft
● High floor unit
● Four bedrooms and five bathrooms
● Semi-furnished with kitchen cabinet, air-con, built-in wardrobes and water heater
● Facilities: Gymnasium; badminton, tennis and basketball courts; swimming pool; jogging track; multipurpose hall; children’s playground; sauna and barbeque area.
● Nearby amenities: 2km away from One Utama Shopping Centre, The Curve and IKEA Damansara, next to The Club Bukit Utama, 3km away to Dataran Sunway, around 13km to Subang airport
● Easy access to the Damansara-Puchong Expressway, New Klang Valley Expressway and Persiaran Surian.
Developed by Bandar Utama Development Sdn Bhd, 9 Bukit Utama is a build-then-sell development in the mature township of Bandar Utama. Completed in 2010, the 7.5-acre freehold condominium has 911 units spread across three blocks. Unit built-ups range from 2,286 sq ft to 4,719 sq ft. All units are semi-furnished with air-conditioning in every bedroom and living room, built-in wardrobes and water heater, as well as kitchen cabinets with hood and hob.
According to Low Yean Ching from Maxland Real Estate Agency, the negotiator who concluded the deal, the seller had spent close to RM300,000 to renovate the unit, which included adding a sound-proof ceiling and a digital lock system.
“The deal was concluded by cash so the seller did not mind reducing the asking price. The buyer was happy to purchase a well-maintained, spacious and semi furnished unit at below market price,” she said.
The Hong Kong buyer has been searching for a home in Malaysia for about 18 months. He viewed 13 units before purchasing this one, Low added.
The buyer also liked Bandar Utama for its many amenities and easy access to other places in Klang Valley.
According to EdgeProp.my data, there was no transaction at 9 Bukit Utama in 2018 and 2019. However, there were seven transactions in 2013 at an average selling price of RM1.2 million or RM546 psf.
As at end-October 2019, there were 16 sales listings on EdgeProp.my asking for an average RM1.6 million or RM641 psf.