news

Memo on PLUS acquisition to be presented to Cabinet soon: Baru Bian

KUALA LUMPUR (Dec 4): The discussions on the issues related to the acquisition of highway concessionaire PLUS Malaysia Berhad (PLUS) and toll roads, between the Works Ministry, Economic Affairs Ministry and the Finance Ministry, is ongoing, said Works Minister Baru Bian.

He said the memorandum on issues related to the acquisition of PLUS and future direction of toll roads in the country are expected to be presented to the Cabinet by the middle of this month.

The first meeting between the three ministries was held last week, while the second one would be held in the near future, he said.

“We have already held a (meeting), they (officials of three ministries) will meet again. After all issues (PLUS and toll roads) are being discussed, there will be a memorandum to be presented to the Cabinet based on the (joint) decision of the three ministries.

“So this is to be done shortly, we are targeting the middle of this month, if possible. That’s the latest development thus far. For the time being this meeting is just between the three ministries,” he said at a press conference after the official launch of the National Technical Profession Day (HPTN) 2019 here yesterday.

He said the government has received five offers to take over the PLUS operated toll highways.

Earlier, in his welcoming speech, Baru said the technology-driven workforce could help drive global economic growth over the next five to 10 years.

He said Malaysia must ensure the use of technology based on the Fourth Industrial Revolution (IR 4.0), as well as to strengthen knowledge economy (k-economy) among the people so that the country’s development could be accelerated.

SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. PLUS announces toll discount for CNY
  2. PLUS concession restructuring to create savings of up to RM1.1b this year: Lim
  3. Toll reduction: Pakatan Harapan has made good where BN failed