Sold for: RM25.8 million
Concluded by: Joanne Soh (REN 13124) of CBD Properties Sdn Bhd (012-297 6506)
When: July 2019
● Leasehold (lease expiring in August 2104)
● Gross floor area: 83,985 sq ft
● Net lettable area: 62,758 sq ft
● Facilities: 24-hour security and CCTV surveillance, passenger lifts and covered parking bays
● Easy access to Damansara-Puchong Expressway (LDP) and Federal Highway, 12km from Subang Airport, 7km away from Paradigm Mall and 4km away from Sunway Pyramid.
Dataran Mentari is a mature and vibrant commercial area in Bandar Sunway which is easily reached via the LDP and the Federal Highway. The 8-storey office building that was sold comprises four storeys of car parks (including the basement) and four storeys of office spaces. It also comes with two passenger lifts and one service lift as well as a fireman’s lift.
Joanne Soh from CBD Properties Sdn Bhd, who concluded the deal said the buyer is a public-listed company based in Penang that was looking to set up a Klang Valley office and for recurring income.
With its strategic location and easy accessibility, the new owner plans to rent out some of the office spaces.
“The building is also well-maintained while there are numerous F&B choices and other amenities at Dataran Mentari.
“Office buildings in good condition in Petaling Jaya are hard to find,” added Soh.
According to EdgeProp.my data, Petaling Jaya has seen only two en-bloc office building transactions over the past 10 years. The four-storey Wisma Yan at Jalan Selangor was sold for RM16.2 million in 2018 while the four-storey Wisma Thrifty at Jalan Barat changed hands at RM42 million in 2013.
Currently, there are two 3-storey shopoffices in Dataran Mentari available on the market with asking prices of RM2.5 million and RM2.65 million.