KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 3): The High Court fixed Feb 19 for further case management of the government's application to forfeit RM680 million worth of valuables allegedly linked to 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) that were seized from premises belonging to OBYU Holdings Sdn Bhd.
The date was fixed by Justice Muhammad Jamil Hussin, who has taken over as the presiding judge in the case from Justice Collin Lawrence Sequerah.
Justice Sequerah decided on Nov 1 last year to recuse himself from hearing the application as he is presiding over another 1MDB-related trial involving former premier Datuk Seri Najib Razak.
Justice Jamil fixed Feb 19 for Najib, Rosmah and Lebanese-based Global Royalty Trading SAL to file their discovery application to examine those items that the government wants to forfeit.
The items include 11,991 units of jewellery, 401 watches and 16 watch accessories, 234 pairs of eyewear and 306 handbags, as well as cash in various denominations amounting to RM114.16 million.
Deputy public prosecutor Faten Hadni Khairuddin informed reporters that the third parties had requested photos as well as to physically inspect the goods.
Additionally, she said, Tan Sri Bustari Yusof, who owns OBYU Holdings and is a close associate of Najib, had made an application to be a third party to the case.
OBYU and Bustari were represented by lawyer Datuk Kamarul Hisham Kamaruddin.
The government had filed the forfeiture action against OBYU Holdings following a raid conducted near Pavillion Kuala Lumpur. The items seized are said to be from ill-gotten funds that originated from 1MDB.
TOP PICKS BY EDGEPROP
Permas Ville, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya
Permas Jaya/Senibong, Johor