PUTRAJAYA (April 3): Federal Territories Minister Annuar Musa said the proposed development plan for Kampung Baru is still up in the air as only 61% of the landowners have agreed to it, Free Malaysia Today (FMT) reported today.

According to FMT, Annuar said he was informed by Perbadanan Kampung Baru officers at a meeting today that the proposed development cost was about RM7 billion and the government could not pay the hefty price at this moment.

“This poses a problem as the information was not shared with the public previously,” he said in a Facebook video today.

Annuar said he had instructed his ministry to form a committee consisting of professionals in the legal, town planning and construction fields to look into the proposed development.

“I need more feedback from them on this complicated issue as we want to ensure the landowners can enjoy the development,” he said.

FMT said former minister Khalid Samad had previously said the Pakatan Harapan government had offered the landowners RM850 per sq ft to buy back their land for redevelopment. He said the price was worked out by the Valuation and Property Services Department.

However, some landowners said RM850 was low compared to the price of land in the surrounding areas such as KLCC that is as high as RM3,000 per sq ft.

Stay calm. Stay at home. Keep updated on the latest news at www.EdgeProp.my. #stayathome #flattenthecurve

Click here to see commercial properties for sale in Kuala Lumpur.

Click here for more property stories.

SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Management of Malay reserve land in Selangor inefficient, less effective — report
  2. Glomac's 1Q profit triples on higher sales, construction activities
  3. Ambiga, seven others threaten to sue DBKL over flood mitigation plans