KUALA LUMPUR (April 23): Perak state executive councillor Razman Zakaria will not be suspended despite being probed over the violation of the movement control order (MCO), Malaysiakini reported today.
Bernama reported state Menteri Besar Ahmad Faizal Azumu saying that at the moment, the state government machinery has to focus on the issues arising from the implementation of the MCO.
"The state government has to find ways to reboot the economy, this is important and we need to seriously focus on this," he told the media in Ipoh yesterday.
Razman and a group of people including the Deputy Health Minister Dr Noor Azmi Ghazali were photographed having a meal together in Lenggong.
The incident prompted the police to launch an investigation after they received a report on the matter.
Admitting his mistake, the Gunung Semanggol assemblyperson had apologised to the public via his Facebook post.
“I apologise for my mistake. This posting is not my attempt to be exempted from legal action but to explain the real situation.
"Every night, volunteers send food to security forces manning roadblocks around Bagan Serai, and that is how we get to know what is required."
Malaysiakini quoting Perak police chief Razarudin Husain said that Razman and Noor Azmi had been invited by a tahfiz school owner who had then served them a meal.
However, he said the police would continue to probe all the attendees.
Meanwhile, Malaysiakini has learned from the police source that the investigation paper on the two figures has been completed and would be submitted to the Attorney-General's office.
Stay calm. Stay at home. Keep updated on the latest news at www.EdgeProp.my. #stayathome #flattenthecurve
TOP PICKS BY EDGEPROP
Seri Baiduri Apartment, Taman Bukit Indah
Country Heights Kajang (Taman Bukit Impiana)
Country Heights, Selangor