news

Covid-19: 100 recoveries, 38 new cases, no deaths

PUTRAJAYA (April 26): Another 100 Covid-19 cases have fully recovered and were discharged today, bringing cumulative recovery cases in the country to 3,862, or 66.8 percent of the total number of cases.

Also, no deaths were reported overnight, Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said, adding that the latest number of those discharged was more than double the number of new cases reported.

“As of noon today (April 26), 38 new cases were reported. This brings the number of Covid -19 cases in Malaysia to 5,780.

“The total number of COVID-19 infectivity cases stands at 1,820 cases,” he said at the daily Covid-19 media briefing here today.

The death toll remains at 98 cases or 1.70 percent of the case tally, he said.

Dr Noor Hisham said to date, 36 Covid-19 cases are undergoing treatment at the intensive care unit with 15 requiring ventilators.

Meanwhile, Dr Noor Hisham said up to noon today, 21,466 individuals from areas placed under the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) have undergone COVID-19 screening.

Of these, 638 of them, or 2.97 per cent, tested positive for COVID-19, he said.

“Also, from this group (638), 388 cases (61 percent) comprised foreigners while the remaining 250 cases (39 percent) were Malaysians.

There was also one new case reported at Menara City One Plaza, bringing the tally there to 52, Malayan Mansion (five new cases,12 in total) and Pusat Bandar Utara and the area around the Kuala Lumpur Wholesale Market (nine new cases, 55 in total).

As for madrasah or tahfiz schools, Dr Noor Hisham said some  6,229 students, teachers and staff members have undergone Covid-19 screening as of yesterday, and from that number, 341 of them, or 5.47 percent, tested positive.

Also, he said 12,672 Malaysians placed under quarantine after returning from abroad have undergone screening, and from these, 139 of them, or 1.1 percent, tested positive for the virus.

Of the 139,  a total of 99 had travelled to Indonesia, United Kingdom (14), Singapore (13), Turkey (five), the Netherlands (three), the United States (two), and one each to Thailand, France and Bangladesh, he added.

Stay calm. Stay at home. Keep updated on the latest news at www.EdgeProp.my #stayathome #flattenthecurve

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Covid-19: Malaysia records 13 new cases, nine involving Malaysians
  2. Family entertainment centres allowed to operate from July 15 — Ismail Sabri
  3. Ismail Sabri: No limit on number of people at functions provided there is social distancing