PETALING JAYA (June 10): Annual General Meetings (AGMs) and Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) of strata developments can now be conducted physically, according to the government's latest Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) guidelines on strata management for the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) phase which began today (June 10).
However, the meetings must be conducted according to the Covid-19 prevention SOPs set by the authorities.
Henry Butcher Malaysia Mont’ Kiara executive director Low Hon Keong said strata property owners will welcome the move to allow physical AGMs and EGMs to resume as important decisions which have been delayed due to the Movement Control Order and Conditional Movement Control Order can now be made.
“During the MCO and CMCO, many major decisions had to be put on hold as the Joint Management Bodies and Management Corporations could not hold their AGMs to make decisions. I am sure there are many residents who want to ask questions about service charges, house rules and maybe on the current financial position of their strata development during this period. Thus, such updates can be made now,” Low told EdgeProp.my.
He stressed the importance of adhering strictly to the set SOPs. Among them are:
- meetings must not run longer than four hours;
- social distancing of sitting and standing of at least 1m apart must be practised;
- no refreshments are allowed to be served during or after the meeting;
- all participants have to download the My Sejahtera mobile application;
- the organiser has to prepare soap and water or hand sanitisers during the meeting;
- a temperature check has to be conducted before a participant is allowed into the meeting venue (those with a temperature of above 37.5 degrees Celsius and/or have symptoms such as cough, fever, flu are not allowed to join the meeting);
- participants have to wear face masks in the meeting venue;
- the number of participants are limited according to the size of the venue and with participants allowed in on a first-come first-served basis
“Even though the meetings are allowed to be run for four hours, it is better if we can keep the agenda on the meeting short and to focus on the important matters on hand and wrap it up in an hour if possible,” said Low.
More information can be found on the National Security Council's (MKN) website at: https://www.mkn.gov.my/
Stay safe. Keep updated on the latest news at www.EdgeProp.my
TOP PICKS BY EDGEPROP
Seri Baiduri Apartment, Taman Bukit Indah