SINGAPORE (July 20): The owner of Marina Bay Sands Pte - Sheldon Adelson’s Las Vegas Sands Corp has agreed to settle a lawsuit brought by a former patron with S$9.1 million payment, according to a person familiar with the matter.
The source told Bloomberg that Marina Bay Sands has also agreed to allow Wang Xi, the former patron, back into the casino as long as he abides by its policies.
Meanwhile, a spokesman for Marina Bay Sands declined to comment. Wang also declined to comment through his lawyer at Rajah & Tann Singapore LLC.
Last year, Wang sued the Singapore casino to recover S$9.1 million that he claimed was sent to other patrons in 2015 without his approval.
The out-of-court settlement in June ends a dispute that helped trigger probes of the Singapore casino by local authorities.
There is a “non-admission” of liability from both sides as part of the settlement, the source said.
Marina Bay Sands, which reopened its casinos on July 1 after a pandemic shutdown, is one of the most profitable casinos in the world, accounting for about a third of operating income at the Las Vegas-based parent.
Stay safe. Keep updated on the latest news at www.EdgeProp.my