KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 27): The Ministry of Health (MoH) today detected 17 new Covid-19 clusters — the highest number of clusters recorded in a day.
The previous record high was 16 clusters recorded last Thursday and Friday.
Among these new clusters, 15 are linked to workplaces, said MoH director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.
According to his statement, the 15 workplace clusters are:
- The Persiaran Tecoma construction site cluster in Kepong, Kuala Lumpur (KL) with 157 infections
- Jalan Danau cluster in Titiwangsa, KL (11 infections)
- Jalan Yahya cluster in Titiwangsa, KL (eight infections)
- Jalan Pudu cluster in Lembah Pantai, KL (13)
- Jalan Mutiara cluster in Petaling, Selangor (32)
- Tanjung construction site cluster in Kuala Langat, Selangor (46)
- Persiaran Perkilangan cluster involving Petaling and Klang in Selangor (19)
- Jalan Sulaman cluster in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah (23)
- Jalan Seri cluster in Kinta, Perak (17)
- Parit Lanjut cluster in Muar, Johor (547)
- Industri Gresek cluster covers Tangkak and Muar in Johor (145)
- Jalan Trus cluster which spans Johor Bahru and Kluang in Johor (10)
- Jalan Medini cluster in Johor Bahru, Johor (13)
- Tengah Tiga cluster in Kluang, Johor (nine)
- Pengerang Utara cluster in Kota Tinggi, Johor (26)
Meanwhile, the remaining two clusters are the Jalan Pengkalan cluster involving Kinta, Kerian and Kampar in Perak with 41 infections, and the Bedayan cluster which spans Serian and Samarahan in Sarawak with 13 infections.
These two clusters are linked to infections among the community.
The 17 clusters contributed 1,130 cases in total.
A total of 770 clusters have been reported in the country, with 404 clusters having been declared ended.
This means active clusters which are still being monitored by the Ministry stood at 366.
Malaysia today logged 3,680 new Covid-19 cases, bringing the cumulative confirmed infections to 194,114.
Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates