news

Children below 12 barred from going out during lockdown, says MKN

PETALING JAYA (June 1): Children below the age of 12 are barred from being present at all public places during the two weeks of the Full Movement Control Order (FMCO), which begins today, according to the National Security Council (MKN).

In its latest standard operating procedure (SOP) announcement today, MKN stated that children are not allowed to be present at any public premises and facilities except for certain situations, such as sports, medication and education needs.

Yesterday, Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba shared that there was a total of 82,341 Covid-19 infection cases in the country involving infants and children, of which 19,851 cases involved children below four years old; 8,237 cases – five to six; 26,851 – seven to 12, and 27,402 – 13 to 17. However, the majority of them were Covid-19 patients in categories 1, 2 and 3 with no Intensive Care Unit (ICU) patient so far.

Adham added that although there is no provision under the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988 that allows compound notices to be issued to parents who take children to crowded places, investigation papers can be opened under the latest SOP.

Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates 

Click here for more property stories

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Two-thirds of SMEs see no hope of recovery this year, says Samenta
  2. MEF again pleads with govt to end full lockdown to avert imminent lasting damage to economy
  3. FMM: Move to Phase Two of FMCO after June 28, allow more economic sectors to operate