KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 12): The Health Ministry reported 19,198 positive Covid-19 cases today with Sarawak's figure climbing to a record high of 5,291.

In a statement by the ministry's director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, he said these brought the number of positive Covid-19 cases in the country to 1,979,698 since the pandemic began.

The high number of cases in Sarawak marked the seventh consecutive day that it records over 3,000 cases.

Selangor came in second with 2,347 cases and Johor was in third with 2,110.

Kuala Lumpur recorded 376 cases, which saw it record less than 1,000 for the 12th consecutive day.

There were also 20,980 recoveries for the day, which outpaced Covid-19 infections in the country.

A total of 960 cases were in the intensive care units, with 444 of them requiring ventilators to breathe.

Meanwhile, the 34 new clusters today brought the total number of active clusters in the country to 1,440.

Out of the new 19,198 cases reported today, 253 cases or 1.3% of them belonged to Categories 3, 4, and 5 while the remaining 18,945 cases or 98.7% were in Categories 1 and 2.

Cumulatively, out of the 1,979,698 cases, 1,721,713 million cases or 87% have recovered from Covid-19.

Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates 

Click here for more property stories

  1. Berjaya Land back in the black after three straight years of losses
  2. Hoteliers urge Putrajaya to reintroduce strict SOP to protect tourism industry
  3. Malaysia's Covid-19 R-nought back to 1.0 — first time since August