KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 27): A specific facilitation fund for infrastructure projects will be established under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) 3.0 model, said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The project implementation model will not involve any financial commitment from the government and will adopt the request for proposal (RFP) approach, he said when tabling the 12th Malaysian Plan (12MP) 2021-2025 in Parliament on Monday.
The implementation of the projects under the new model is expected to be announced in mid-2022, he said, adding that a special PPP committee chaired by the chief secretary to the government will be established to enable PPP project consultations to be completed within a year.
Ismail Sabri said quality and reliable basic infrastructure and utilities, such as roads, rail, water and electricity supply, are important for stimulating economic growth and bridging the development divide between regions, and thereby improving well-being of the people.
“An integrated rail and road network that connects airports and ports with industrial, urban and rural areas will be enhanced,” he added.
The major projects will include:
- The Klang Valley Double Tracking Phase One connecting Rawang to Salak Selatan, which is expected to be completed in 2022;
- The Gemas-Johor Baru Electrified Double Track project, which is the last stretch of the electrified double track from Padang Besar in Perlis to Johor Baru, which is scheduled for completion in 2023;
- The East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) project, which is being continued and expected to be completed in 2026;
- The Rapid Transit System (RTS) project linking the Bukit Chagar Station in Johor Baru with the Woodlands North Station in Singapore, construction of which will begin by end-2021;
- The West Coast Expressway (WCE) running through Selangor and Perak, which is expected to be fully completed in 2024;
- The Central Spine Road project from Bentong, Pahang to Kuala Krai, Kelantan, which is scheduled for full completion in 2025;
- The Kota Baru-Kuala Krai Expressway in Kelantan, which is expected to be completed in 2025.
Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates