KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 5): The Ministry of Health (MoH) disclosed another 76 deaths related to Covid-19 on Monday (Oct 4), below the 100 mark for the first time in nearly four months.

This is the lowest daily figure since July 9, when the country had 77 fatalities.

The country’s losses from the coronavirus increased further to 26,759, according to the COVIDNOW website.

Of the latest fatalities, 15 were brought-in-dead (BID) cases, raising the tally of BID cases across the nation to 5,382.

Perak, where 56.3% of its total population had been fully vaccinated, still led the country with the highest number of reported deaths at 13, but down from 26 on the previous day.

This was followed by Sarawak (11), Kelantan (10), Johor (nine), Sabah (nine), Penang (five), Pahang (four), Terengganu (four), Kuala Lumpur (three), Kedah (three) and Selangor (two), while one fatality each was reported in Melaka, Negeri Sembilan and Perlis.

Reporting of Covid-19 deaths is backdated, particularly to include deaths where time is needed to ascertain the cause of death, and trends should be observed from the series based on the date of death (actual deaths), according to the ministry.

The actual number of Covid-19 deaths stood at two cases on Monday, according to the ministry.

The country had 142,860 active cases as of Monday, a decline of 4.96% from 150,317 a day earlier.

A total of 116,748 people were undergoing home quarantine, followed by those at Covid-19 Low-Risk Quarantine and Treatment Centres (16,862), hospitalised (8,383) and in the intensive care unit (ICU), both unventilated (406) and ventilated (461).

The country confirmed 8,075 new Covid-19 cases on Monday, the second day in a row daily infections stayed below the 10,000 mark. The daily figure was 10.93% lower than the 9,066 infections recorded on Sunday (Oct 3). 

A total of 7,915 or 98% of the latest cases had no symptoms (Category 1) or only mild symptoms (Category 2), while the remaining 160 cases or 2% were in Category 3 (patients with pneumonia), Category 4 (patients with pneumonia requiring oxygen therapy) or Category 5 (critical patients requiring assisted ventilation).

Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates 

Click here for more property stories

SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Malaysia's Covid-19 R-nought back to 1.0 — first time since August
  2. MoH estimates up to 200,000 backlog surgeries due to pandemic
  3. MySejahtera app administrator apologises for home surveillance order, person under surveillance errors