KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 6): Malaysia administered 224,034 Covid-19 vaccine doses nationwide on Tuesday (Oct 5) — the fifth straight day the daily figure stayed below the 300,000 mark.

The daily figure first dropped below the 300,000 mark last Friday (Oct 1) with 237,245 doses administered, which then dropped to 211,517 on Saturday, 206,574 on Sunday and then up to 221,812 on Monday.

According to the Ministry of Health’s (MoH) COVIDNOW website, of the total doses administered on Tuesday, 122,153 went to first-dose recipients, while the remaining 101,881 were second jabs. 

The latest doses administered raised the nation’s cumulative tally of jabs dispensed to 44,797,925.

Johor led with the highest number of first doses administered on Tuesday with 22,210, followed by Selangor (20,474), Perak (13,788) and Penang (9,147).

As for second doses, Johor also topped the list with 20,543, followed by Perak (18,592), Sabah (15,569) and Kedah (11,151).

As of Tuesday, a total of 24,085,144 individuals or 73.8% of Malaysia’s total population had received at least their first dose, including 20,819,254 recipients or 63.8% who had been fully inoculated with both doses.

In terms of the country’s adult population, 94.5% of adults had received at least their first dose, including 88.4% who were fully vaccinated.

Within the Klang Valley, 7,428,929 individuals or 88.2% of its total population had received at least their first dose so far, including 6,896,922 persons or 81.9% who had completed their two-dose vaccination.

Follow our Covid-19 vaccination tracker to see where we are in the race to herd immunity.

The nation reported another 8,817 Covid-19 infections on Tuesday, up from 8,075 a day before, but marked the third consecutive day the daily figure stayed below the 10,000 mark.

A total of 8,635 or 97.9% of the cases reported on Tuesday had no symptoms (Category 1) or only mild symptoms (Category 2), while the remaining 182 cases or 2.1% were in Category 3 (patients with pneumonia), Category 4 (patients with pneumonia requiring oxygen therapy) or Category 5 (critical patients requiring assisted ventilation).

Meanwhile, another 117 Covid-19-linked fatalities were reported on Tuesday, up from 76 reported the day before. Cumulatively, the nation's Covid-19-related deaths stood at 26,876.

Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates 

Click here for more property stories

  1. 95.7% of adult population in Malaysia fully vaccinated
  2. Covid-19: 93.8% of Malaysia's adult population fully vaccinated as of Oct 17
  3. 87.6% of Malaysia’s adult population fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as of Oct 3; 206,574 daily vaccine doses administered