news

Penang approves electrical project under 80:20 Maintenance Fund

GEORGE TOWN (Oct 10): The Penang government has approved an electrical maintenance project under the 80:20 Maintenance Fund at Block 46, Greenlane Heights here.

State Housing, Local Government and Town and Country Planning Committee chairman Jagdeep Singh Deo said the state government had allocated RM221,000 for electrical wiring system and riser works in building corridors, parking lots and around the flats.

He said the 80:20 Maintenance Fund, which is a private housing scheme maintenance fund, was introduced in 2013 where 80% of the maintenance cost would be funded by the state government while the remaining 20% by the residents.

“Usually the maintenance fund will be spent for repair work or replacement of water tanks and lifts but we are aware that the electrical system also needs repair.

"The project is expected to be completed within two months,” he told a press conference today.

Meanwhile, Jagdeep said RM45.9 million had been used so far for the repair and replacement of 227 lifts and 138 water tanks.

Apart from the 80:20 Maintenance Fund, the state government has so far spent a total of RM285.6 million for three other maintenance funds.

Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates 

Click here for more property stories

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Penang plans to set up more Covid-19 booster dose facilities, says CM
  2. Kedah to ban all 4D shops, punters told to go to Penang, says report
  3. Three LLCs announce RM520m expansion in Penang