news

Malaysia’s new Covid-19 cases below 6,000 mark for third straight day on Oct 20

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 20): Malaysia reported 5,516 new daily Covid-19 cases on Wednesday (Oct 20), down from 5,745 cases the day before, according to Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.

This is the third straight day the country’s daily cases stayed below the 6,000 level.

In a statement, Dr Noor Hisham disclosed that only 102 or 1.8% of the cases reported on Wednesday were in Categories 3,4, and 5 that required hospitalisation, while the remaining 5,414 cases or 98.2% were in Categories 1 and 2.

There are currently 669 patients being treated in intensive care units (ICU), of whom 97 are suspected, probable, or under investigation for Covid-19.

Out of all the patients in the ICU, 333 need ventilators to help them breathe including 241 who are confirmed positive for Covid-19.

Daily recoveries continued outpacing daily infections at 9,401 on Wednesday. This brought the country’s total recoveries so far to 2,297,289, or 95.43% out of 2,407,382 cumulative coronavirus infections.

On infectivity rate, the country’s rate of infections currently stands at 0.88, with Putrajaya and Negeri Sembilan being the areas with the highest infectivity rate at 1.03.

These were followed by Kuala Lumpur (1.01); Selangor (0.95); Melaka (0.94), Perlis (0.91), Kelantan (0.91) and Sabah (0.91).

Only four new clusters detected

Only four new Covid-19 clusters were detected over the past 24 hours, according to Dr Noor Hisham, bringing the total number of active clusters in the country to 614.

Of the four clusters, three are related to workplaces and another one is an education cluster.

Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates 

Click here for more property stories

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Covid-19 cases: Lowest number recorded within three weeks on Nov 29
  2. Covid-19: New cases down to 4,239 on Nov 28, says Health DG
  3. Covid-19: MOH closely monitoring WHO, other countries on Omicron variant