news

Malaysia logs 4,782 new Covid-19 cases on Oct 25, lowest since June 22

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 25): Malaysia’s new Covid-19 cases continued their downward trend for the third consecutive day, with 4,782 infections on Monday (Oct 25).

This is the lowest daily figure since June 22, when 4,743 cases were recorded.

According to Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, the country’s cumulative confirmed infections due to the virus stood at 2,436,498.

In a statement, he disclosed that only 96 or 2% of the cases reported on Monday were in Categories 3, 4 and 5 which required hospitalisation while the remaining 98% (4,686 cases) were in Categories 1 and 2.

There are currently 607 patients being treated in intensive care units, of which 93 are suspected, probable or under investigation for Covid-19.

A total of 300 patients need ventilators to help them breathe, including 217 who are confirmed to be positive for Covid-19.

On recoveries, 7,414 patients have recovered from the disease, raising total recoveries nationwide so far to 2,334,783.

In terms of clusters, six new clusters were reported as of noon on Monday comprising three workplace clusters, two education clusters and one community cluster.

The six clusters were identified in Johor, Kelantan, Kedah and Selangor.

Malaysia’s rate of infection currently stands at 0.88, with Kuala Lumpur and Negeri Sembilan having the highest infectivity rate, which stands at 1.00.

This was followed by Putrajaya (0.97), Melaka (0.97) and Selangor (0.95).

Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates 

Click here for more property stories

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Covid-19: New cases rise to 6,144 on Nov 25, says Health DG
  2. COVID: New cases increased to 5,755 on Nov 24, says Health DG 
  3. Covid-19: 5,594 new cases on Nov 23, says Health DG