House collapses in Cheras, developer issued stop-work order by DBKL

Chin Wai Lun / EdgeProp.my
23 May, 2022
Updated:over 3 years ago
Pic by KL Fire and Rescue Department

PETALING JAYA (May 23): A developer has been ordered by the authorities to stop construction works on a high-rise project in Taman Pertama, Cheras as reported by The Star today.

According to Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) in a statement on Monday (May 23), this is due to the incident where a double-storey house was destroyed after a retaining wall at the project site shifted on Sunday (May 22). Additionally, DBKL also mentioned that the Fire and Rescue Department had ordered the occupants of six nearby houses to evacuate.

KL mayor Datuk Seri Mahadi Che Ngah said the developer had been ordered to immediately fortify the retaining wall.

"The Malaysian Institute of Public Works has been appointed as a consultant to oversee the work. The developer is also required to review the design of the retaining wall. They must also come out with a long-term proposal to solve the problem," he said during a press conference on Monday.

He added that the timeline for completion had yet to be decided as relevant details were still being gathered.

"This includes data on project designs and the construction sequence at the site," said Mahadi, while noting that electricity and water supply to affected homes had been stopped over safety concerns.

Meanwhile, residents of the six houses have been relocated to a nearby hotel with the cost borne by the developer.

Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates

Click here for more property stories

Latest publications

Follow Us

Follow our channels to receive property news updates 24/7 round the clock.

whatsapp
telegram
facebook
CLOSEclear

Malaysia's Most
Loved Property App

The only property app you need. More than 200,000 sale/rent listings and daily property news.

App StoreGoogle Play
Mobile logo