KUALA LUMPUR (July 11): Sabah’s Infrastructure Development Ministry will form a committee to replace appointed consultants to monitor the building of the Pan Borneo Highway project in the state.
Minister Datuk Peter Anthony said the committee will be made up of representatives of the department and related agencies from his ministry and the State Ministry of Finance, reported Bernama.
Peter also revealed that the committee will restructure the implementation of the project, especially concerning the award of contracts.
“So far, the Pan Borneo project continues, but it (its implementation) will be refined.
“It is also possible that we will evaluate the contracts given to the contractors currently doing the construction if there are events of ‘leakage or unreasonable prices’ we will make improvements to the contract,” he told the media at the ministry's Aidilfitri open house in Kota Kinabalu yesterday.
Peter also said that his ministry would propose to the government for services of contractors who did not meet the prescribed regulations or failed to complete work within the given period to be terminated, Bernama reported.
The first phase of the Pan Borneo Highway Project Sabah covering 706km was launched two years ago with 35 work packages worth RM12.8 billion.
TOP PICKS BY EDGEPROP
Seksyen 27, Shah Alam (Taman Bunga Negara)
Shah Alam, Selangor