news

Contractor given two more monrths to complete customes building

KOTA BARU (Kelantan):The contractor and consultant involved in the construction of the Kelantan Customs Department's office, which is delayed, has been given two more months to complete the project.

Deputy Finance Minister, Senator Datuk Dr Awang Adek Hussin, said the four-storey building in Section 6, here costing RM4.7 million which should have been ready by January this year, was delayed due to the contractor's weaknesses in management and finance.

"The project began in July 2009 and was expected to be completed by Jan 25, this year," he said after visiting the project site on Feb 1.

Awang Adek said it was learnt from a special meeting held today involving the Customs Department, Federal Development Department, the contractor and consultant concerned, the delay was also caused by the existence of a Japanese fortress remnant there, thus hampering the piling works.

"In addition, heavy rain and floods in Kelantan at the end of last year and early this year made it more difficult to carry out the
construction work." he said. -Bernama

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE