news

Covid-19: No Ramadan bazaars in Sabah

KOTA KINABALU (April 8): The Sabah government has decided not to allow Ramadan Bazaars to be held this year in view of the Covid-19 situation in the state.

Sabah Local Government and Housing Minister Datuk Seri Masidi Manjun said the decision was made as the number of cases in the state was still fluctuating, while several new clusters were introduced due to the organisation of public and social events in the past.

"Apart from that, the level of compliance with standard operating procedures (SOP) among the people of Sabah is still low," he said in a statement here yesterday.

Meanwhile, Masidi, who is also the official spokesperson with regard to Covid-19 in Sabah, said the state government had agreed to end the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) in Kampung Siasai Tamu, and Kampung Lebak Moyoh, Kota Belud tomorrow, as scheduled.

"The Ministry of Health (MOH) has confirmed that the remaining active cases in the localities are under control and all positive cases have received treatment, while close contacts had been isolated and monitored until the 14th day," he said, adding that 60 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Sabah yesterday, bringing the cumulative total to 55,294.

Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates 

Click here for more property stories

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Contradictory HIDE statements by Khairy, Ismail Sabri: So, whose statement is correct? — Teresa Kok
  2. Conflicting HIDE statements by Khairy, Ismail Sabri wreak havoc among retail outlets
  3. Covid-19: Malaysia's new daily cases fall to 3,733 with 26 deaths