Ismail Sabri: Self-employed individuals allowed to get police permit to cross district/state

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 30): Individuals who are self-employed can apply for police permit for movements out of district or state under Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO).

Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the approval letter would facilitate movements and dealings of such individuals at roadblocks.

“So one should go to a police station to obtain the movement approval permit. I understand they do not have employers, so there is nobody to confirm the companies they are working with. My advice is to go to a police station. This is the easiest approach,” he told a media conference on the development of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) here today.

Ismail Sabri was commenting on a report involving a hawker who was issued a RM1,000  compound at a roadblock for not having a letter to work from his employer.

Get the latest news @

Click here for more property stories.

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
  1. Covid-19: Govt mulls screening foreign workers every two weeks
  2. MACEOS: Business events barred, industry players burdened by high operating costs
  3. Shooting at Malaysia-Thailand border: Three Thais arrested