• EdgeProp.my teamed up with Bangsar Hill Park to host data-driven talks to provide current insights into Bangsar’s property market.

KUALA LUMPUR (April 22): Bangsar has long been known to be an area that hosts a  comprehensive range of amenities, but does that make it a self-contained neighbourhood? Using the latest data, EdgeProp Malaysia uncovered the figures to verify the extent of this perspective.

“From an urban planning perspective, we have to remember that this is a very mature area, but we want to be able to analyse if it is a self-contained neighbourhood,” said EdgeProp Malaysia head of editorial and branding Jacqueline Lim.

In her presentation on “Bangsar Property Outlook, a Data-driven Perspective”, Lim shared insights gleaned from EdgeProp’s data and research team.

More than a hundred guests showed up for the event co-hosted by EdgeProp Malaysia at Bangsar Hill Park (BHP) Sales Gallery in KL Gateway Mall last Saturday.

To verify the long-standing claim that Bangsar is a self-contained community, EdgeProp looked at the travel patterns of Bangsar’s residents.

"We want to see where people who live in Bangsar travel to on weekends, because if all the amenities are within your neighbourhood, you don’t have to travel far,” Lim explained.

“It is fascinating to learn that Bangsar residents travel within their community the most on weekends, in comparison to neighbouring areas like Mont’Kiara, Bangsar South and Damansara Heights,” she pointed out.

Low-density neighbourhood

When highlighting the land use composition in Bangsar, Lim said: “70% of the area has already been used for landed properties, with high-rises accounting for less than 20%”.

This makes Bangsar a low-density community, with only 120 housing units per hectare of residential land.

"Bangsar was developed with landed homes, which came first before commercial and high-rise properties started populating its fringes. The charm of this matured neighbourhood lies in its low-density, low-rise character, which will likely remain because of the scarcity of land,” concurred BHP general manager Nikki Lee.

Despite that, the neighbourhood still maintains a vibrant commercial to residential land use ratio, whereby 15% of land use is attributed to commercial spaces like shophouses, with the remaining 85% comprising residential developments.

Talisa offers easy accessibility to major city hubs

Attendees of the event were also treated to a product showcase of Talisa, the second phase of the BHP development, by BHP group sales manager Edward Ong.

BHP’s strategic location in the southeastern portion of Bangsar gives it considerable accessibility to commercial districts like Bangsar South, KL Sentral and Kuala Lumpur city centre, he pointed out.

Besides its connectivity to major highways, residents of BHP can also enjoy rail convenience as the Bangsar Light Rail Transit (LRT) station is just 400m away.

“This gives them easy access to other shopping malls and entertainment hubs, which are all just a few train stops away. For example, KL Eco City and Mid Valley are just one stop away, while KL Gateway Mall is two stops away. And if residents want to head into town, KLCC is only six stops away,” said Ong.

BHP is a 5.87-acre high-rise development located along Lorong Maarof. Developed as a collaboration between Sunsuria Bhd and Suez Capital Sdn Bhd, Talisa @ BHP is slated for completion in 2028.

Sunsuria Bhd​ is one of EdgeProp START’s strategic partners. Talisa​ at Bangsar Hill Park is a development highlighted in this partnership. All Sunsuria homebuyers also get to enjoy rewards worth up to RM18,888.

Looking to buy a home? Sign up for EdgeProp START and get exclusive rewards and vouchers for ANY home purchase in Malaysia (primary or subsale)!

SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Sime Darby Property to build, lease out data centre in RM2 bil deal
  2. Radium Development reports revenue of RM27.53 million in 1QFYE2024
  3. Public Bank loses case against house buyer on failure to prove falsification of supporting documents