news

Concrete slab mishap: Works Ministry to take legal action

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 29): Legal action will be taken against those responsible for the parapet or concrete slab mishap at the Sungai Besi-Ulu Klang Elevated Expressway (SUKE) project on Sept 19.

Senior Minister of Works Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof said actions will be taken after the ministry receives the full report on the incident.

“I hope CIDB (Malaysian Construction Industry Development Board) and DOSH (Department of Occupational Safety and Health) will complete the report as soon as possible,” he told reporters after launching the Works Department Strategic Plan 2021-2025 here, today.

In the 5.45 incident, a 25-year-old woman was nearly killed after one-sq metre concrete slab from a construction site of SUKE fell on her Proton Saga BLM at the Middle Ring Road 2. She suffered injuries on her left arm.

DOSH is probing three aspects namely safety, construction activities and quality of construction structures.

Investigations are being carried out under the Occupational Safety and Health Act and CIDB Act. The project developer Projek Lintasan Kota Holdings Sdn Bhd (PROLINTAS) also stopped construction works immediately after the incident.

Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my

Click here for more property stories.

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Number of construction projects assessed with Qlassic increased 15% last year
  2. Minister: IBS to be compulsory for construction projects in 2018
  3. Works minister: Toll hikes to become conditional