KUCHING (May 15): The conditional movement control order (CMCO) in Sarawak has been extended from May 18 to June 7 as a high number of Covid-19 cases is still being reported in the state.
In a statement today, the State Disaster Management Committee (JPBN) said that complete additional information on the standard operating procedures (SOPs) will be posted on the National Security Council's (MKN) website.
Meanwhile, a total of six areas, two each in Bintulu, Julau and Pakan, have been placed under the enhanced MCO (EMCO) after a high number of infections was reported in the areas.
The EMCO in Kampung Jabai and Kampung Hulu Sebauh in Bintulu is being implemented from yesterday until May 27, while the one at four longhouses, two each in Julau (Rh. Ayup, Nangga Lassi Mit and Rh. Nyandang Lasi) and Pakan (Rh. Berayun, Sg Nansang Tugong and Rh. Douglas Jenuang) is from today until May 31.
The JPBN also said the EMCO in four areas, two each in Mukah and Sarikei, had been extended.
"The affected areas are Rh. Jali, Jalan Bukit Dinding-Bergerik and Rh. Lanyau, Jalan Bukit Dinding-Bergerik in Mukah from May 16 to 23 and Rh. Gana, Kemantan and Rh. Lat, Sungai Anggie Atas Bayong in Sarikei from May 18 to 23,” the statement read.
Sarawak recorded 324 new Covid-19 cases today, bringing the total in the state to 37,978 infections, apart from four more deaths.
Get the latest news @ www.EdgeProp.my
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates