news

Bukit Antarabangsa landslide report not released

 KUALA LUMPUR: The full report on the Bukit Antarabangsa landslide on Dec 6 last year has not been made public.

At 11am today (Nov 23), a notice was put up at the lobby of the Ampang Jaya Municipal Council (MPAJ) stating that the report will not be released until the Public Works Department director general or the Minister of Works approves the report’s declassification as specified under the Official Secrets’ Act 1972.

The notice was issued by the president of MPAJ.

MPAJ’s director of corporate planning Norziatulshima Tajuddin told theedgeproperty.com the municipal council has yet to receive any instructions on the release of the report. She said no date has been set for the report’s release.

“So far, there were not many enquiries from the public on the report. The report is tentatively priced at RM80. Members of the public can register themselves at Menara MPAJ’s counter on the 4th floor and they will be notified once the report is released,” she added.

On Nov 18, Selangor Menteri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim released to the media a summary of the report in which a special technical committee formed to investigate the landslide has named leakage in active water supply pipes running down the length of a row of abandoned houses as the main cause of the tragedy that claimed five lives.

The report has been classified but Abdul Khalid said he was declassifying it, adding that the full report would be made available for a fee at MPAJ from Nov 23.

 Bukit Antarabangsa landslide report declassification needs Works Minister’s approval

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE