news

IOI City Mall aims for two million visitors per month

KUALA LUMPUR: The newly-opened IOI City Mall is aiming for two million visitors per month. It targets to have 85% of the mall leased out by December and to lease out the remaining 15% by Chinese New Year, the mall’s general complex manager Chris Chong told The Edge Financial Daily.

The mall, which officially opened on Sunday, has a gross floor area of 2.2 million sq ft and a net lettable area of 1.35 million sq ft.

Positioned as a mid-upper-class mall, IOI City Mall will draw visitors from a catchment of about 1.8 million people from the southern corridor of Putrajaya, Cyberjaya, Kajang, Bangi, Seri Kembangan, Serdang, Puchong, Bukit Jalil and Subang Jaya.

Tenants include Parkson, Tesco, Index Living Mall, H&M, Monki, Uniqlo and the first HomePro home improvement outlet outside of its native Thailand.

The mall’s other unique facilities are an Olympic-sized ice-skating rink and a 70,000 sq ft indoor recreational park called District21.

IOI City Mall is part of a 320-acre (129.5ha) development known as IOI Resort City, which will also include two office blocks and a five-star hotel.

The Grade-A, Green Building Index-certified office blocks will consist of 29 storeys with a gross floor area of 700,000 sq ft. The towers will be MSC-compliant and connected to IOI City Mall. They are scheduled for completion in 2015.

The five-star hotel is named Le Meridien Putrajaya and is intended as a business hotel targeting interstate business travellers.

It consists of 21 storeys with 363 rooms and is scheduled for opening in 2016 or 2017.

ioi-city-mall_28Nov14

This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on November 28, 2014.

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE