• Today, we look at the prices of non-landed residences in the Dutamas area on a per square foot (psf) basis. Based on transactions analysed by theedgeproperty.com, the average price here was RM494 psf in 3Q2014.
• With a number of older developments in the area, prices of existing properties appear to be quite affordable. In the 12 months to 3Q2014, the majority of transactions (59.1%) fell in the RM401 – RM600 psf range. Another 20.1% of transactions fell in the RM201 – RM400 psf range. Only 3.4% of transactions were for homes over RM1,000 psf.
• The most expensive development is Solaris Dutamas, with an average price at RM902 psf. Developed by Sunrise Bhd and situated above the popular Publika mall, the one-bedroom suites in this serviced apartment are beginning to fetch prices of between RM1,000 – RM1,100 psf.
• Due to is strategic position and smaller sized units favoured by the young, Solaris Dutamas commands a huge 50-70% premium over its peers.
• Other relatively expensive projects in the area are Royal Regent (RM583 psf), Hartamas Regency 2 (RM515 psf) and Anggun Puri (RM510 psf).
• The least expensive is Antah Tower, with an average transacted price of RM314 psf. The project is markedly cheaper than its immediate neighbours Royal Regent, Royal Domain and Sri Putramas 1. In March 2014, a 635 square feet unit was sold for just RM180,000 or RM283 psf.
• Other affordable options are at Jalan Dutamas Raya, such as Menara Duta 2 (RM334 psf) and Menara Duta 1 (RM355 psf).
The Analytics are based on the data available at the date of publication and may be subject to further revision as and when more data is made available to us.
TOP PICKS BY EDGEPROP
Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park Shop Apartment
Kuchai Lama, Kuala Lumpur