news

Coronavirus: China locks down another two cities

KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 4): Two more cities in China’s Zhejiang province are restricting “the movement of residents over fears of the spread of the coronavirus”, AFP reported today.

According to the report, Taizhou city and three Hangzhou districts, including “the main office of Chinese tech giant Alibaba” will allow just one individual per “household to go outside every two days to buy necessities”.

In the Hangzhou districts, measures such as mandatory mask wearing and compulsory ID and temperature checks have been enforced.

Taizhou will suspend 95 train services into the city from today.

The city and districts involved will encompass more than nine million people.

On Sunday, Zhejiang’s Wenzhou city “restricted the movement of residents and closed roads”.

AFP reported that Zhejiang province has confirmed 829 cases, the highest number outside the “epicentre” of the outbreak in Hubei.

In Malaysia, Bernama reported that a 41-year-old man is the first Malaysian to have been tested positive for the novel coronavirus 2019 (2019-nCoV).

He is one of two new positive cases, bringing to 10 the number of coronavirus cases in Malaysia so far.

Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad said the other case involved a 63-year-old man from China who arrived at the KL International Airport on Jan 18.

Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Global real estate market to show signs of recovery in 2H20, says Savills
  2. Making the move to Malaysia for child's education
  3. Hongkongers looking at Malaysia as 'back-up' home