- Kepong is a fairly old, self-contained suburb with a high concentration of mass-market apartments and affordable condominiums. Based on theedgeproperty.com’s analysis of transactions in the 12 months to 3Q2014, the average transacted price was RM297 per square foot (psf) in 1Q2015, while the average transacted unit price was about RM248,000.
- An examination of the transactions by price range reveals that the majority of transaction (45.9%) were for apartment units in the RM100,001–RM200,000 price range, followed by the RM400,001–RM500,000 range (16.4%). Some 95% of transactions were for below RM500,000.
- By average transacted price per unit, the most expensive project was First Residence, just off Jalan Kepong, at RM535,000. A mixed-use development, it consists of 474 units atop a commercial shop lot and car park podium. Completed in 2H2011, it is one of the newest and most upmarket in Kepong. Unit sizes are between 926 and 1,647 sq ft.
- The next-most expensive project is also a mixed-use development. With an average unit price of RM460,000, Fortune Avenue has fewer facilities than First Residence, but is more strategically located, close to AEON Big Kepong and Kepong Metropolitan Lake Garden. The Fortune Perdana Lakeside Kepong development will be located in the adjacent plot.
- The most expensive transaction in Kepong during the review period was for a unit in Casa Prima. The 2,465 sq ft unit was sold for RM800,000 in September 2014, or RM325 psf.
What contributes to the uppity prices of First Residence in Kepong? Tap here for detailed data and analysis.
The Analytics are based on the data available at the date of publication and may be subject to revision as and when more data becomes available.