• Residences in Subang Jaya are concentrated primarily around the commercial strip of SS16 and around the Subang Ria Recreational Park in SS12.
• Based on TheEdgeProperty.com’s analysis of transactions, the average transacted price was RM598 per square foot in 1Q2015 while the average transacted price per unit was about RM616,000.
• The high-rises in Subang Jaya offer diversity of choice, from upmarket luxury condominiums to compact student apartments. In the 12 months to 1Q2015, the RM500,001 – RM600,000 range recorded the highest number of transactions (19%) followed by the RM400,001 – RM500,000 range (17.9%). Some 8.7% of transactions were for homes priced over RM1 million.
• The most expensive project was Saujana Residency with an average price per unit of RM1.04 million. This upscale condominium is fairly recent and is located just next to Subang Parade Shopping Centre, Empire Subang mall and the upcoming Subang Jaya City Centre. The 3-bedroom units here typically begin from 1,517 sq ft and are generally priced above RM1 million.
• Next was Laman Baiduri with an average price per unit of RM1.01 million. Located along the edge of the lake in SS12, here the 4-bedroom units too, measuring from 1,625 sq ft, are beginning to command prices above RM1 million.
• Surprisingly, the most expensive unit sold within the review period was from neither of these projects. Located along the lake next to Laman Baiduri, a penthouse unit in Boulevard Subang Jaya broke local records as the most expensive unit sold in Subang Jaya. The 4,209 sq ft unit was transacted for RM2.9 million in September 2014.
The Analytics are based on the data available at the date of publication and may be subject to revision as and when more data becomes available.