- Here are the price growth trends and indicative asking rental yields for non-landed residences in Kepong, Kuala Lumpur.
- Based on an analysis of transactions by theedgeproperty.com, average prices grew 37.2% y-o-y to RM297 per square root (psf) in 1Q2015, largely due to a drop of transaction activity in the lower-end segment.
- Plaza Metro Prima leads the field for average price growth, being up 36.4% (RM92 psf ) to RM346 psf in the 12 months to 1Q2015. Closer examination of the transaction data reveals that sale prices here have been erratic, ranging from RM281 psf for a 1,098 square feet (sq ft) apartment to RM428 psf for a 958 sq ft apartment.
- Not far away is Casa Magna, with an average price up 35.6% to RM340 psf. Both Casa Magna and Plaza Metro Prima should remain in demand, being located close to AEON Metro Prima Mall, Metro Prima commercial centre and the future Metro Prima MRT Station.
- From observation of asking rentals as at June 2015, asking rental yields appear to be below average, with indicative yields ranging between 4.1% and 6.5% per annum, but mostly below 5%.
- The highest asking annual rental yields can be found at Vista Magna (6.5%). Rental demand for this project will likely remain strong with the upcoming Metro Prima MRT Station located just opposite Jalan Kepong.
- Numerous other projects in Kepong will likely see a boost in rental demand with the MRT Sungai Buloh-Serdang-Putrajaya line due in 2022. Other projects located within a 400m radius of the future Metro Prima and Kepong Baru MRT Stations are First Residence, Fortune Avenue, Mutiara Magna, Suria Magna and Vista Mutiara.
Plaza Metro Prima could be the biggest beneficiary of the future Metro Prima MRT station but there are other prospective properties nearby. Tap here to find out what they are!
The Analytics are based on the data available at the date of publication and may be subject to revision as and when more data becomes available.
TOP PICKS BY EDGEPROP
Lebuhraya Putrajaya Cyberjaya (Jalan B15)
Norton Garden Bungalow @ Eco Grandeur
Bandar Puncak Alam, Selangor