news

Sunway to develop land in Singapore

KUALA LUMPUR: Sunway Holdings Bhd has entered into partnership with Hoi Hup Realty Pte Ltd to develop a 19,264.70-sq m parcel of land in Jalan Senang, Singapore.

In a statement on Dec 8, Sunway said its sub-subsidiary Sunway Developments Pte Ltd had subscribed for a 30% stake comprising 300,000 shares in Hoi Hup Sunway Property Pte Ltd (HHSP) for S$300,000 (RM730,778). The remaining 70% stake in HHSP is held by Hoi Hup Realty.

Sunway said HHSP had on Sept 25, 2008 inked a sale and purchase agreement with Lee Tat Development Pte Ltd to acquire the freehold land in Jalan Senang for S$158 million.

It said the parties would enter into a JV agreement towards jointly undertaking a property development project on the land.

This article appeared in
The Edge Financial Daily, Dec 9, 2009.
Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE