- Here are the price growth trends and indicative asking rental yields for non-landed residences in the district of Mont’Kiara. TheEdgeProperty.com’s analysis of transaction data shows the average transacted price for non-landed residences in the secondary market was RM670 psf in 1Q2015, slipping 2.8% y-o-y.
- Most projects displayed modest growth in average prices in the 12 months to 1Q2015. All the top performers, with the exception of Kiaramas Cendana by Asia Quest Holdings Sdn Bhd, were completed in the mid-1990s to early-2000s, and were developed by Sunrise Bhd.
- The highest relative price growth was found at Laman Suria. Completed in 2004, this project is suitable for families with its location close to the Sunrise Sports Zone and Garden International School. Average prices here grew 22.8% y-o-y to RM657 psf in the 12 months to 1Q2015.
- Data as at June 2015 showed asking rent at between RM2.20 psf and RM3.00 psf for older properties. Indicative annual rental yields range were 5.6% per annum. However, it should be noted that the indicative yields are calculated from asking rents and may not reflect actual rent agreements.
- The highest rental yields were found at Gateway Kiaramas (7.1%). Prices here may have been depressed by the building’s proximity to the Penchala Link highway, thus generating above average rental yields.
Look hard enough and you might find a bargain
The Analytics are based on the data available at the date of publication and may be subject to revision as and when more data becomes available.
TOP PICKS BY EDGEPROP
The Clio Residences @ IOI Resort City
Taman Tasik Semenyih (Lake Residence)