KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 4): Two mega projects are in the local news, lately.
Mahathir's public vagueness over China-backed mega-projects a face-saving move for Beijing, said report
PETALING JAYA (Aug 29): Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad's public vagueness over the fate of massive China-funded infrastructure projects in Malaysia is meant to help a beleaguered Beijing pummelled by criticisms over its Belt and Road Initiative save its face, reported the South China Morning Post (SCMP).
MELAKA (Aug 15): Chief Minister Adly Zahari has dismissed as untrue former Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak’s allegation that the Melaka Gateway project (pictured) is being implemented without any changes.
MELAKA (July 20): Despite the reclamation work for the Melaka Gateway project, the Portuguese Colony will not be uprooted.
KUALA LUMPUR (July 17): The Melaka Gateway project has incurred the anger of residents from the Portuguese Settlement in Bandar Hilir.
KUALA LUMPUR (July 16): The RM43 billion Melaka Gateway project is on-track, says its concessionaire, brushing aside concerns it is being reviewed by the new government and may be shelved.
KLANG (July 12): The proposed RM43 billion Melaka Gateway development — which was scheduled to commence operation by March 2021 — may be facing hiccups.
KUALA LUMPUR (June 29): KAJ Development Sdn Bhd, the master developer for the RM30 billion Melaka Gateway project, says the project has already attracted billions of ringgit in foreign direct investment (FDI) so far.