• Today, we look at the prices of projects in the Kerinchi, Pantai and Bangsar South areas on a per square foot (psf ) basis. Based on transactions analysed by theedgeproperty.com, the average price psf of non-landed residences in the area was RM421 psf in 3Q2014.
• The prices vary quite widely, reflecting the gradual transformation and gentrification of the neighbourhood. In the 12 months to 3Q2014, about a quarter (25.3%) of transactions fall within the RM201-RM400 psf range. Yet another quarter (24.7%) falls within the RM601-RM800 psf range. Almost another quarter (23%) belongs to the RM401-RM600 psf range.
• The latest addition to the landscape, Camellia Service Suites, holds the title as the most expensive development in the area, with an average transacted price of RM863 psf. The studio and one-bedroom units in this project have been most successful, hence driving up average psf prices.
• Other higher priced projects in the area include The Park Residences (RM726 psf ), Centrio Soho (RM712 psf ) and Zehn Bukit Pantai (RM717 psf ).
• Unsurprisingly, the least expensive projects are led by old apartments and flats such as the Taman Bukit Angkasa flats (RM195 psf), Pantai Permai (RM205 psf ), and Pantai Indah Apartment (RM214 psf ).
• In the mid-market segment, the Pantai Hillpark development is still attractively priced, with transactions ranging between RM342-RM516 psf.
The Analytics are based on the data available at the date of publication and may be subject to further revision as and when more data is made available to us.