news

Ministry blacklists six contractors

BATU PAHAT (Johor): The Education Ministry of Malaysia has blacklisted six contractors for failing to complete the ministry's school development projects under the Ninth Malaysia Plan (9MP).

Deputy minister Senator Dr Mohd Puad Zarkashi said on Friday April 9, the projects amounting to RM180 million were the construction of Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Bayan Lepas in Penang, SMK Seri Putra in Bangi, Selangor, Sekolah Menengah (SM) Sains Gua Musang in Kelantan, Regional Centre of Science and Mathematics in
Sarawak, Staff Quarters in Kuantan, Pahang, and SM Sains Batu Pahat here.

"All the contractors had been given a chance and warning but still failed to complete the projects," he told reporters after visiting the construction site of SM Sains Batu Pahat here.

Most of the contractors, he said, had given excuses like shortage of workers and financial problems for their failure to complete the project on time. Hence, he said the ministry would appoint new contractors to resume the
projects.

The six projects were among 45 of the ministry's projects identified as "sick projects". However, they constituted a mere 0.3 per cent of the ministry's projects, which numbered 14,181, he added. - Bernama
Looking for properties to buy or rent? With >150,000 exclusive listings, including undervalued properties, from vetted Pro Agents, you can now easily find the right property on Malaysia's leading property portal EdgeProp! You can also get free past transacted data and use our proprietary Edge Reference Price tool, to make an informed purchase.
SHARE